When you’re holding a specific altcoin and wish to sell it for another altcoin but there is no available trading pair, refer to the following steps.
- Find a quote currency that both altcoins share.
- Sell the first altcoin into a quote currency.
- Purchase the 2nd altcoin with the quote currency.
Example: You have ECOIN and wish to trade it for BTC. Since there is no ECOIN/BTC trading pair, see if there is a quote currency that both ECOIN and BTC share. In this case, they both have a USDT trading pair.
- Sell the token for the desired quote currency. In this case, we’ll be selling ECOIN for USDT.
- Once you have the quote currency (USDT), you can use it to purchase BTC (BTC/USDT trading pair).